Here at Frank's Pontiac Parts we have been selling quality replacement body shells for a long time now. It has always been our belief that full discloser of everything that we know is the only way to sell something.
The body shell and frame are in very nice and solid condition and appear to not be full of filler or rust, but not without flaws, here is a list of what we noticed and think that you should know:
1) The LH& RH front floor is rusty in places with holes and will need to be sectioned. It has been cleaned and prepped with POR15 to prevent any further damage. The damage appears to be from the heater core leaking and maybe too many spilled sodas, the upper cowl does not even have any surface rust. The rear floors and trunk have also been prepped with POR15 due to light surface rust that did not pit the metal.
2) The LH door jamb pin has a crack around it.
3) The LH rear side marker light area is not perfectly straight and may have some filler (hard to tell).
4) The rear quarters have been double drilled due to the fact it had 1979-81 rear spoiler ends installed on it. (won't be seen).
5) The LH quarter behind the door opening looks like it may have rust just starting under the paint.
So there you have it with the exception of a few minor issues, this 1978 Formula replacement body shell is in excellent condition. This is the easiest and least expensive way to fix rust and damaged metal on your 1978 Firebird or Trans Am. It is sold just like you see it in the images, posi rear end included. It will be sold with a Bill of Sale as a replacement body shell. We are an auto dismantling yard licensed with the state of California and have a salvaged title on this body.
This rolling replacement body shell has working brakes, park brake and steering for easy transportation.
For a free shipping quote try one of these Auto Transportation Brokers:
Angels Moving Autos > Dina (888) 530-0481
Specialty Mobile > Don (800) 789-5250.
Just give us a call if you would like more info or wish to order.
(760) 361-3242 M-F 8am-5pm pst. We are gone from 12-1pm for lunch.
Frank's Pontiac Parts
& Auto Dismantling
75992 Baseline Road
Twentynine Palms, CA 92277